HPMA is a network of local young and old, men and women, who covertly and overtly, work together and aspire to extend their hospitality to tourists while taking care of the environment. Besides promoting sustainable eco tourism, HPMA's prime objective is to provide employment opportunities to the local youth.
The team for last six year has been dedicated to achieve the following objectives:
1. To promote sustainable eco-friendly aesthetic tourism and adventurous activities in the Himalayas, particularly in Uttarkashi, Govind Wildlife Sanctuary and National Parks.
2. To facilitate adequate services for tourists, trekkers and mountaineers viz. reliable porters guides, instructors, equipments and management services.
3. To provide emergency voluntary services to individual tourist or group through search and rescue operations, help to overcome adverse climatic conditions.
4. To explore new trekking routes and tourists places and popularise them.
5. To manage tourist and trekking activities free from environmental pollution.
6. To organise awareness camps on issues related to education, health, environment, human rights and social justice.
7. To facilitate strengthening and protection of local culture through organising songs and dance competitions, melas (fete) showcasing woodcraft, local food preparations, costumes & so on.